Friday, September 6, 2013

Weekend Wonderings

I have a lot of internal conversation with myself, and I almost never know the answers to my questions. So I'm going to ask them here. Maybe y'all can tell me the answers. 

                                                              Who decided to invent mascara?
I'm not complaining. My eyelashes are whiter than Doris Day in south Detroit. Without mascara I look like I've contracted the flu AND mono at the same time. But who thought it was a good idea to pick up a can of black shoe polish and brush it on their eyelashes? What was the thought process there? "This stuff will either blind me for life, or look really good until I start crying. I'll try it!"

Why do people give side-hugs?
I'm definitely complaining here. A hug is meant to show someone your love for them, not to make them feel like maybe they forgot to put deodorant on that morning. Any time someone gives me a side hug, visions of limp handshakes and Josh Duggar's proposal flash through my mind. If you side-hug me, I will turn you around and make you do it right.  And if you side-hug me after proposing, I will give the ring back.


What does a bearcat sound like?
A&M is playing the Sam Houston State Bearkats tomorrow and I realized earlier this week that I have no idea what a bearc/kat sounds like. Technically, there is no such thing as a bearKat, so they can sound like whatever they want to sound like. But a bearCat is a real animal. The little guy on the left is kind of cute, so he probably sounds like me squealing and trying to tickle his belly.

2 comments:

  1. You mean you don't want to side-hug your fiance, wear matching outfits, and only hold hands with him? And I thought we had the same priorities...

    ReplyDelete